Who We Are
Netcare Access Forensic Services are provided to 11 counties in Central Ohio, and are funded primarily by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS), and by contracts with additional Common Pleas, Municipal, and Juvenile Courts in the region. This program is formally certified by the OhioMHAS Office of Forensic Services.
Netcare Forensic Center Service Area
What We Do
The Netcare Forensic examiners provide comprehensive forensic psychological evaluations regarding a variety of legal questions, such as competency to stand trial or mental state at the time of the offense. They do so in accordance with court orders.
The types of evaluations performed include:
- Competency to Stand Trial (ORC 2945.371(G)(3))
- Sanity (ORC 2945.371(G)(4))
- Post-NGRI Commitment (ORC 2945.40)
- Mitigation of Penalty (capital and non-capital, ORC 2947.06 and 2947.03 respectively)
- Juvenile Bindover (ORC 2152.10),
- Juvenile Competency (ORC 2152.51 to 2152.59)
- Informal (current mental status evaluation)
- Two Year Mandatory (ORC 2945.402)
- Pre-sentence Investigation (Section 32.2 of the Ohio Rules of Criminal Procedures, including Treatment Recommendations)
- Intervention in Lieu of Conviction (ORC 2951.041)
Netcare Access Postdoctoral Fellowship in Forensic Psychology
This is a one-year fellowship, approved for the American Board of Forensic Psychology (ABFP) experience waiver, for those who have completed their doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology and want to specialize prior to obtaining licensure.
Please visit Forensic Fellowship Brochure 2021-2022 to learn more about applying for a postdoctoral fellowship in Forensic Psychology at Netcare Access.
Netcare Family Psychological Services
Netcare Family Psychological Services, which is located at the Netcare Forensic Center, comprises a team of psychologists who provide diagnostic psychological assessment at the request of either Franklin County Children Services or Franklin County Juvenile Court. The assessments provide the referral source with answers to specific clinical questions, rather than legal questions, about the parents or guardians and/or the youth to assist with treatment planning, placement and sentencing.
If you have a question regarding the services or programs at our Forensic Center, please reach out through our contact information below.