The Netcare FAQ

Locate answers to the most common Netcare Access questions.

Can I just show-up to Netcare Access if I need help?

No, we closed our on-site 24/7 crisis services in 2022 and no longer accept walk-ins. 

For immediate assistance with mental health and substance use concerns, call 614-276-CARE (2273) or 988. For immediate assistance with medical concerns, including overdose, call 911.

I am very concerned about a loved one and that something bad will happen. What can I do?

Call the Crisis Hotline, 614.276.CARE (2273) and a Netcare clinician will be able to talk to you and offer possible solutions and options.

What do you mean by a “crisis?”

A crisis is defined by the individual experiencing it. Some guidelines may be if a person is feeling like they are having a nervous breakdown, or feeling very sad, and hopeless, angry or thinking about ending their life or killing someone else. Also, a crisis may be if a person is talking in a way that doesn’t make sense, like they are hearing things others are not hearing. For others, the crisis may be when the individual is not taking care of themselves, by not eating, or drinking, and having a change in personality. Another crisis may be when their alcohol or drug use is reaching the point where it is interfering significantly in their lives and the lives of others. 

How can I request my medical record?

You can call us at 614.278.0203 to speak with a Medical Records team member or send us an email at medicalrecords@netcareaccess.org.

How can I ensure my stay at Netcare will be private?

We often have individuals call Netcare looking for friends or family and sometimes they may show up at our facility seeking information. We will never share information about a client unless we have your specific written or verbal permission to do so.

I’m interested in applying for a job?

We’re always looking for compassionate individuals that want to make a difference in our community. Please visit our careers page for more information.

What is your affiliation with ADAMH?

ADAMH helps Franklin County residents find the right places to turn for affordable, quality alcohol, drug addiction and mental health services. These services are provided by more than 35 not-for-profit contract agencies and Netcare Access is one of these providers. A sliding fee scale for services means any Franklin County resident can receive needed services and be charged on the basis of income and circumstance. Services are funded in part by a single property tax levy approved by voters. For more information visit the ADAMH website.


How can I get involved with your mission?

To give back to Netcare, individuals can explore opportunities to volunteer their time, contribute financially through donations, or participate in fundraising events organized by the Netcare Foundation. For a deeper understanding of Netcare’s mission, values, and impact, individuals can visit the “About Us” webpage or explore the dedicated Netcare Foundation webpage to learn more about ongoing initiatives and ways to get involved.

Learn More

Medical Record Information

Netcare Access has policies and procedures to ensure timely and proper release of medical records and private health information of patients that have received services at our facilities.

How can I obtain a copy of my medical record?

You may request a copy of your medical record by downloading an Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information by clicking here. Per your request we will send the medical record via US Postal mail or secure/unsecure email, or to direct Netcare Access to send your records to a third party.

Netcare Access will accept an outside authorization form as long as it meets all legal requirements for a valid authorization.

Where do I send the medical record request for access or authorization form?

Patient Directed Access and Authorization forms may be mailed to Netcare Access’s Medical Records Department at:

Netcare Medical Records
199 S. Central Ave.
Columbus, OH  43223

To avoid delays, please make sure the form submitted is completed and signed and dated by the patient or patient’s representative.

How soon can I expect the medical records request to be completed?

Your request for medical records will be processed within 30 calendar days from receiving the completed request unless we notify you that the request cannot be processed within that time frame, the reason for the delay, and the date by which we will complete action on the request.

Is there a secure way for me to share sensitive files with Netcare over the internet?

Yes, you can use our Secure File Transfer form to send sensitive files to Netcare’s Medical Records Department (Note: this is still in BETA).

secure file transfer form

Note: this link will take you to a third-party (HIPAA compliant) secure form site from Hush Communications.

What if I have questions about a medical record request?

You can call us at 614.278.0203 to speak with a Medical Records team member or send us an email at medicalrecords@netcareaccess.org.

What if I have a complaint or grievance?

All clients who have a complaint or grievance concerning Netcare’s services or its privacy policies and procedures are encouraged to contact the Client Rights Officer (CRO). The CRO can be contacted by mail or voicemail:

Netcare Client Rights Officer
(614) 274-9500
199 South Central Avenue
Columbus, OH 43223
Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00