Community Mobile Team
Meeting Individuals in Crisis Where They Are
Netcare’ s Community Mobile Team pair a licensed mental health clinician with a peer support specialist offering clinical expertise and lived experience support for each individual in a mental health or substance use crisis.
Each team utilizes the practices of Trauma Informed Care, Solution Focused Counseling and Motivational Interviewing to assist individuals in the community experiencing a mental health or substance abuse crisis or trauma.
If you have a friend or loved one in need of assistance, please call us at 614.276.2273 to speak to a Netcare Clinician.
Monday – Saturday, 10 A.M. – 8 P.M.
Sunday, Noon-8 P.M.
Please share the following information with the clinician when you call:
- Client’s Name
- Client Date of Birth (if known)
- Address where the client lives or where they are currently located
- Your Name
- Your Contact Phone Number
- Presenting issue and symptoms the client is experiencing
- Current Mental Health/Substance Use Disorder treatment providers with whom the client is connected
- Substance usage (and if client is currently under the influence)
- Risk of harm to self/others
- Access to a weapon
- Vicious dogs or pets
How to prepare for a Community Mobile Team (CMT) visit:
- Stay in the location
- Keep the person in crisis calm
- Call us back if the person you’ve called about’ s location has changed prior to our arrival
How this program offers unique, compassionate care:
- Free service to any adult (18+) in Franklin County
- Decades of crisis intervention experience with knowledgeable staff
- Linkage to ADAMH Franklin County providers for ongoing care or continuing care with current service providers
- Protecting your privacy, arriving in unmarked vehicles
- Follow-up visit from the team to ensure continuity of care